Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First Photo

That's right, folks. The first shot on my brand-spankin'-new EOS 450D:



Hm. It's not so great, is it? But that's okay! I'm just learning! (Actually, thanks to the editing in iPhoto and the fact that everything looks so stinkin' clear on this Mac screen anyway, it's not all that bad...)

Please forgive me for the page layout - I'm learning on that front, too. The Blogger Help makes it sound so simple, and yet here I am trying to de-code code, for goodness sakes, just so this pic isn't all smushed up over to the right side. Know that in my head, the picture was centered on the page, with text at the top and bottom. (Really, just know that in my head, this entry looked more like a page in O Magazine, and less like the webpage I put together in college in 1998.) (Also, it didn't feature a picture of Target.)

And why Target, you may ask? Well, I knew that the camera didn't come with an SD card, so I made sure to order one from Amazon at the same time I ordered my camera from B&H. Amazon's cards were cheaper. And slower to arrive in the mail, apparently. I practically ran down the stairs of my apartment building to meet the UPS guy this afternoon, then I get everything unpacked and... oh, hell. Can't do a whole lot with a digital camera if you don't have anything with which to store the images, now can you? So: Target -> SD card -> furious unwrapping of said card, sitting in my parked car (why didn't I bring scissors???) -> glamour shot of a big box in North Chicago. (The clerk was a total dick, by the way - so dickish that it warrants mentioning - but that is a story for another day. Seriously, it involves my new camera bag, so it's all related, and I think you will enjoy the DIY tutorial that is still to come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment